May 15, 2011

hello again, hello.

Alright, once again, I have become distracted from studying. This is one of my last two days in order to cram as much stuff in my head as I can for Tuesday (where I will take a chapter exam, turn it in and get my final exam, turn that in and go home to complete my take home final by midnight. This teacher must hate his students,right?!) I know how much time I need to put in, but I can't keep my focus.



I need to write because.... I am so excited! My best friend in the world is moving back to California! I wrote about how tough school is and how badly I miss her before, here. Ohhh she will be here by the coming weekend! And at the perfect timing, too. School will be out for the summer. I have been daydreaming about our old days of summer, dewy, sunburned skin, crusing around the windy roads in her old Volvo "Gus"  with the breeze in our hair and something silly playing on the stereo.  We often went to Coloma to stop by the Argonaut for a slice of cherry pie and to stockpile on old timey candy and Jone's sodas. We loved to explore Two-Feather's Trading Post as well as the local cemeteries, taking dramatic photos in thrifted vintage wedding dresses. Other days, we would go just to dip our toes in the snow melt river, watching the ducks float downstream. Skipping stones. Marco's Pizza and pitchers of beer and some music! Summer in Coloma! Ugh, I can't wait. Fuck!



And I also cant wait to get back onto one of the crafts Ive been working on. I found it at Honestly...WTF, which is one of my favorite blogs to follow.  Check it!



I've got quite a few made, hanging about our house, but Im hoping our backyard looks something like this for a gathering this summer.  Alright, enough of the daydreaming. I have a lot of things to memorize here!



And regarding my title, this song is how I feel about all this news.  Dramatic? Yes. But also awesome? Debatable, but I say of course!  And  I want Paul Tomei to sing it at Karaoke this Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Goin back to cali... cali... bring Mallory to the birthday party!
    nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god can paul ppppppplllllleeeeease sing this?! that song KINDA makes me cry.

    AND MALLORY'S COMING HOME?!?!! i can't believe it! last thing i expected. is everything okay? i can't wait to hear more about this news. what a summer it shall be. man oh man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She'll be here in a week! Ill let her tell her own tale. But God. Erics brother is moving back (maybe) and Zack and Rebecca...Im ready to have good times.

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore