May 18, 2011

summer lovin'

Well folks, its over. The semester, that is! I feel such a great sense of relief! We had already sold a couple hundred dollars worth of textbooks back..and  now, its time to live life again!

my boy <3
Things I plan on doing with my spare time:

-First and foremost, I must destroy all evidence of taking any classes this past semester. Not really, but I have got to clean up all of my many, many many pages of notes that have been scattered all over the living room for months as I prepared for the hurricane that is finals week. These scraps will find a new purpose after I happily toss them into the recycling bin. Binders will be retired, and calculators will lie around, unused once again without a math class to support them. Pencils reserved for sketches rather than reworking formulas. Everybody wins!

(don't worry- this mess is now under control

-Besides just cleaning up the papers, I want to deep clean the whole house for the first time in months. I started today already. Im talking dusting,vacuuming, organizing cupboards, scrubbing the shower, going through books and clothes and donating what I know I don't need. I am ready to get everything out and start again. I guess I am a little behind most folks when it comes to spring-cleaning... also, I hope to continue with my plan of bringing a donation every time I go out thrifting. Checks and balances, you know. Trying to avoid clutter and live minimally to some extent.

 - Take some photos with our Canon F-1. We went on a wonderful road trip to Santa Barbara, riding bicycles with our friend Marion in the sun, along the beach and downtown. We took so many photos, and even got some when we hiked some hot-springs on the way home. A perfect setting! Unfortunately, the film never unwound- I guess we loaded it wrong, so we never actually captured any photos! Urghhh! I was so upset...that was the last time we touched that camera. Well, I am ready to give it another try!

I won't deny that the T2i is an amazing camera though...
 -Get the garden going strong! I meant to wait for school to get out before starting the garden, but I couldn't resist! It was a perfect excuse to avoid studying (like we know the last half of my semester was all about). So they are out there, little ones on their own for the very first time. Of course, after I got everything in, the temperatures dropped. We covered everything with boards and pots and bags- anything to keep the impending frost off. Everything survived, thank goodness. However, the tomatoes almost drowned because all of the torrential rain we have had the last couple of days...
Anyway, looks like the storm is finally, yet slowly drifting away. The sun will return full force, and I want to set up a drip-system for the plant babes while we are gone in Houston in a few weeks. Actually, I just plan on planting new things, and starting more seeds,  re-potting house plants and turning the compost pile all summer long! I think friday, Eric is going to weed-eat. It's getting ridiculous out there! [Don't worry- we are going to try to avoid the poppies!]

little lettuces, all in a row.
happy beans!
i think thats the compost back there?
-For my tequila collection, I will need to get some margarita mix and get the hammock hung. Instant bliss. Oh, and Eric got me these wonderful cookbooks for my birthday last year. I have never made them before, but I really want to make tamales! I heard you need a lot of hands, so....ladies? How 'bout it?!

-Redesign my blog to be more photo friendly. That is going to be a project and a half, and Im nervous to mess up a good thing...but its on the agenda. Eric might be able to design a blog for me in the future so it can be completely custom. But hes getting a lot of business right now, so I told him to keep it on the back burner.  Check out some of the sites he has made recently, here, here,and here! And he just finished this one! So many favorites. He has a blog too called The Lucre. You should check it out if you haven't already.  Make sure you click the arrow on the left when you get there, to see his past entries. He creates some wonderful things.

-Craft! I dug out my craft supplies tonight, and my mind is racing with ideas. I also found my octopus I never finished embroidering. I'll have to show it off sometime once it is completed.


  Okay, seriously sorry about all the rambling. My heart is feeling so much bigger than the space my body has for it. Its bursting at the seams. My soul is on fire! I'm just happy to be happy again. I don't know how these classes do it to me. I start off in love, and the next thing you know, I'm clambering for air and I hate everyone and everything. How does Eric put up with me?



xoxo

1 comment:

  1. We should take pictures together AND have margaritas... sounds like the perfect day!

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore