March 14, 2011

Spring Forward Potluck

We had ourselves a sweet little potluck on Saturday. Man, was it incredible! Our home was so quiet and empty when I got off work, hard to imagine that it would go from this:



to this:




Another good reason to have a bunch of good people get together to eat and drink? Miss Mallory, my best friend, just had a birthday on the 10th and was visiting from Florida!

Stan came directly from working all day in the bay. He was still in good spirits (despite his exhaustion) when he got there, and fixed my camera settings for me so I could snap these few photos! Stan is part of Cinema Caldera who I blogged a little about here.

Sara and her boyfriend Kel also came over. Sara is not only my friend, but my manager at Boeger Winery. She is seriously one of the most hilarious people I have ever met. Also, she totally made my carnitas happen with her culinary abilities.  [I should point out that this is not Kel, but another Boeger employee- Chris! Not my official brother, but he is pretty damn close! Going on 8 years of working together...sheesh!]


But this is Kel! Super happy dude who also has one of the best laughs.

Men talking technology, I'm sure...This is Tim Wright who also works at a winery called Madrona. Akira is on the right, who Eric orginally met in Japan! He has been living here and going to school at the local community college for a few years. He always brings something delicious over. This time, he made a tiramisu for a belated birthday cake for Mallory!


Ryan and Nikki came up from Sacramento. Wish I got a picture of her that allowed me to show off her outfit- so adorable! Her shoes were super sweet too! She gives great fashion advice on her blog, which you can read here!


Friendo Phil came over too! He shares a house with Stan and Lesley and is an incredible guitarist.


Wow- didnt realize we had so many visiting friends! Mikie was up, visiting from LA. He is Heather and Adie's brother.


Cassie also is back from Utah! She made spagetti squash and an incredible sauce- Mmm! She also makes some lovely feather earrings, which I was lucky enough to snag a pair while she was here. Do yourself a favor and get some while they last by visiting her etsy!
.


Two of my favorite ladies also made an appearance! Jen was up from San Franciso and I had no idea! A very pleasant surprise! Lindsay is an incredible friend I made this year when she also started working at the winery. Super sweet and true lady.


Breanne and Charlie also made the trek up from Sacramento.  A weird debate went on way too long over that sweater, and where it came from (my closet vs one of her favorite stores??). She is too damn cute and I don't ever see her enough!



Oh my lord! Zach and Kara also came over, and brought with them oysters and a BBQ! They are part of the family that owns Smokey Ridge Ranch, and have their own business called Smokey Ridge Charcuterie. Kara came over after an event she did that day at a local winery and grilled these tasties up. A lot of people's first oyster experience including mine. I'm in love!







Two of my favorite fella's: Chris and Tony! Tony had a very near fatal scary expierence last year, so its always extra special to get to spend some time with him. Not only is he just super fun, but a talented smooth jazz player! He's going to be playing at the winery during Passport Weekend and during Sunset Sippin' this summer. Can't wait!


Part of whats so fun about hosting this few and far between parties is the mix of people that end up attending. I feel like I have such a dynamic group of friends, and they all get along and share interesting things in common that I would have never guessed or put together. I feel so very lucky to have so many incredible people in my life (doubly lucky that they can cook and always bring lots of beer!)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. these are SO GREAT! I am seriously bummed that i didn't make it that night. the group of people was so varied and fun, addie raved about the whole experience. you guys throw the best parties! can't wait till the next one!

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore