February 19, 2011

epic dust

Epic Dust: An Extravaganza of Infamy  made its world premiere last night at Cosmic!

Here is a teaser video of Episode 2: Riderless just to give you an idea of how incredible these films are.



Oh man. It was an amazing night! There were so many different folks from the community that came out to show their support, and get a glimpse of what kind of wonderful artists we have here in Placerville.
Like an idiot, I forgot the camera, AGAIN.  But I assure you, all my favorite guys and gals were dressed up in their old west attire, and they looked great!

The night started off with some live theatre.  While we were sitting and waiting for the show to start, we saw a pair of boots  against a wall behind the screen. Eric said "I wonder if that's Jamie back there."  So we watched the boots for a few minutes at a time and found that they didn't move at all. Just sat on the stage; two stationary and broken-in black leather cowboy boots. We finally agreed that they were probably just a prop to be used later in the night. My friend Jen and I were still wondering where Jamie was. He was to be the main act! Her boyfriend (and local theatre teacher) Paul Tomei said "Jamie is dedicated. I bet you that IS him back there."
Darin got on stage and announced the nights agenda before introducing 'Texas Jack' to give a cowboy prayer. As you may have guessed, out from behind the screen, in those NEVER MOVING boots came Jamie Van Camp! He was incredible and super hilarious. I was in tears from laughing so hard during most of his act.

 After some comedy to set the old west vibe fore the night, the films were shown, and lord were they amazing! People behind us kept commenting on the 'nice shot's that Cinema Caldera captured. The scenery and stories they portrayed just kind of blew my mind. The white sands and the perfect little cabin with the wash basin that was set up just like the old west? My God! Both part one and two sucked the audience in- there was even a group groan at the "To be Concluded".
It was simply an amazing night of beautiful art made by very dedicated and talented people and I simply can not wait for the next ones to be shown! I'm so stoked on the local talent here. Placerville is such a hidden treasure. We have art, wine and the most incredible folks that hardly anyone knows about. Lucky us!
Along those same lines, I feel like I need to plug another great artist in our little town: my boyfriend Eric Howard for the fanstastic Epic Dust website he created. It so perfectly fits with the vibe I got from the films. He is amazing- I basically got to sit home yesterday and watch him design and build it. Its so radical to see an artist create something in front of your very eyes.

I am running late for work now- wish I had a few more moments to write a little more in depth. But I will leave with this reminder to my self: Stick with three beers. Three. Four is ALWAYS one too many.

1 comment:

  1. this is AMAZING. ashley i LOVE how you tell the story...i couldn't see the whole jamie's-boots thing from where i sat on the stage, HILARIOUS! only jamie could pull that off, the little devil! it was such a great show and so nice to have everyone there and drink one or two too many beers together (me too girl, meeeee too.) can't wait to see what evolves next. eric's website is PHENOMENAL and makes me so proud to spread the word about epic dust.

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore