July 18, 2011

are you ready for the country?

Hi guys!

Well, yesterday marked three weeks of both Eric and I quitting smoking! Some say that's the milestone, but I'll admit that I still miss smoking and think about it pretty often. But my lungs are still raw and congested as if I have been smoking still, so I think I made a very wise decision to quit now, and let my sweet little lungs get back to healthy. It's gross to completely run out of breath going uphill with a case of wine.

We have more healthy plans, including walking or jogging the neighborhood today (hopefully three times a week) and to eat healthier. We don't eat too badly, but we do eat a lot of cheese and things. We want to eat more vegetables and incorporate more fish into our diets! We picked up some Mahi Mahi not too long ago and hoped to make some fish tacos out of it. Well folks, last night was the night!


 I asked all my coworkers and the owners of Cafe Luna (who happened to visit the winery) if I should grill or fry the fish for my first attempt at fish tacos. Everyone said fried...so much for healthy choices? After searching Tastespotting for some good recipes (which you need to visit if you haven't already) and settled on this one: Baja Fish Tacos with Fresh Pico de Gallo (but with a few changes, as always).

Fresh pico de gallo, cilantro cream sauce, fresh cabbage and avacado!

Cornmeal crusted Mahi Mahi
It was so nice to come home from work and cook with Eric. I made the fresh salsa, Eric made the cilantro cream sauce. We chopped vegetables side by side, laughed and sang while drinking Pacifico.



We danced to Neil Young together in the middle of the kitchen, kissed and cuddled our cats and made them dance to Neil Young too.




It was such an easy meal to prepare, and it makes it so much better to cook it with your loves after a long day at work!





They ended up super delicious- we cooked two fillets of fish, but only ended up eating one between the both of us. That makes it pretty inexpensive! It was really filling, and super fresh. It's a perfect example of a meal tasting of summer! Next time, I think I will try grilling the fish and add some grilled corn for a different texture and some sweetness.

What have you guys been cookin' up lately?

xoxo




1 comment:

  1. these remind me of my baja style tempeh tacos! i love them...totally a favorite summer meal. could you and eric get ANY CUTER!!!! dancing with the kits in the kitchen, making food and neil young. perf, what a dreamy night.

    hey try to get eric to come be a vigilante thursday night! he has the perfect look! a black or dark thermal would be a great costume. you can come too if you want and have a glass of wine or something while the boys act.

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore