August 5, 2011

Boo hoo.

Oh dear. Looks like I haven't blogged in a very long time...

To be honest, I have been kind of in a slump. I've been feeling down about a lot of thing. Schooling and discovering a career, if I even want a career. I feel like it's hard for me to pinpoint any passions or yearnings.  I go through these phases often, and feel like I really just float on, going through the motions in a lot of situations.  I am currently a Biology major, but I don't know why. I have no idea what I am doing, or if I even really like it, or what I would do with that degree. I might switch to nursing, but I don't feel like that feels right either. I feel like so many people I talk to know exactly what they love and why and what they plan to do in their life. So heartbreaking to be so lost and confused, left behind all the rest.


I also know I want a family someday, but I am worried that I will never be selfless enough to fulfill it. I get frustrated with my cats messing around the house when I am trying to work on the computer or cook, etc. Will I suddenly be more patient when there are toddlers instead of kittens knocking things over, digging in cupboards? Probably not. And it has now been six awesome years with Eric. By some miracle, there has been no babies yet. Maybe we can't have them naturally? That is a fear to look into down the road, but its on my mind. Also the fact that Eric works so hard, so much, everyday. I wish I could! I don't even know where to start. What can I do? He is so sweet and patient with me and my lack of direction. I wish I could be of more help.


And my very best friend, who I feel I just reconnected so strongly with, just left again back to school in Florida for a year. It isn't the furthest away she could be, and it's only for a year, but it is still a bummer. There aren't a whole lot of folks I feel really close to. True blue, honest ladies- women who aren't catty or jealous, or gossipy or manipulative are hard to come by. I would rather just hide away than pretend to be close. It did make me sad the other day when I was searching Main Street for a gift for Eric's Japanese host Mother that I had no one to call to meet me for a coffee and a stroll. Is that crazy? I do this to myself.


We are planning a trip to Japan, just as soon as we save up again. Hoping for January. The feeling of anonymity is so alluring sometimes. I feel like getting lost in a sea of foreign language, in a city I don't know, far from here and everything I know. I feel like it is so dangerous to never leave this small town. What a waste of life to never travel and see what else there is in the world, just because I am a scared, unconfident person.  I am so scared of death, but I am so scared of life. Eric recommend I start reading Joseph Campbell's The Power of Myth, which I about to go crack open in the hammock, underneath the little scrub oak tree.


I don't feel like this all the time, but I know it's all just repressed when I am distracted by something fleeting. I don't want to be so cold. But I also want to live a life I can be proud of, and say I did what I wanted and acted the way I felt was right. My next entry won't be so boo hoo, I hope. Just a little hormonal lately, and needed to put it down for the world to read, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. hey, i will meet you for a cup of coffee and a stroll anyday! and i promise i won't be catty or manipulative ;) seriously, i understand how you are feeling. i was just thinking this morning what a weird ride it is to go up and down with emotions, and to try to sort out where it comes from and be honest with oneself and true to what your heart needs. to have your partner be the one person who gets the brunt of the darker sides, the bad-mood side and the grumps and the pouting and the sulking. just last night i threw a little fit cause he went to bed with the house a mess. he fell right asleep which bugged me even more. i fumed for an hour, tidied up, finished a book, couldn't sleep till 2:30. woke up feeling like an idio.t why yell at him? why create negativity? ugh. anyway i am determined to be fresh and cheerful today. i think summer heat and all that gets a little oppressive and this hasn't been an easy one, although there are lovely things going on all the time. i have been craving a trip out of town too, we are heading to the southern utah desert next week and it couldn't come at a better time. i don't even care that it is 105 degrees in august heat!

    anyway i am truly serious if you ever want to talk, hang out, go thrifting, whatevs...call me up or text me. by the way, if you are into a river trip this afternoon, we might go down to lotus, emily ryann and i...for a little photo shoot and swim. i'd love for you to join us! and darin might come too, if eric wants to join us i'd love that.

    p.s. you would have loved trivia last night!

    much love to you girl, i miss you and you're in my heart. i miss mallory already too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what time are you talking about going to the river? Lotus park?

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore