June 21, 2011

i've got to admit, its getting better..


...a little better, all the time!

Aweee look at this scene! I am relieved that the kitties are getting along much better this past week! The last thing I wanted was for Jules to feel like he was getting pushed out or replaced, and for the kitten to feel like he wasn't wanted or welcomed here. But look! They are sleeping just feet away from each other! I think Jules secretly loves having an annoying little brother around.

The baby still has no name- just been calling him "Little Brother" lately. We just got back from the vet, where he is filed as "Brutus"  but it just doesn't feel right....but someday, he wont be such a little brother either... I have never had such an issue with naming a pet before. What gives?!

Anyway, Happy Soltice! I hung a clothes line outside this morning, and got a little more planting done. Tonight, I hope we join some friends out at Lotus Park for a little summer fun on the longest day of the year! But Eric is working 9 to 5 today, and we made plans last night to start trying to go to bed and get up earlier. But maybe those plans will just have to wait until after we welcome summer late tonigh, hmmmmt?

Okay, and one more tid-bit: Mallory and I have begun setting up an Etsy shop. We decided to model 20+ items in my yard on the hottest damn day. Here is a little shot of me sweating my ass off in a really cute top!
[Don't worry, it will be thoroughly washed before it is listed!]


We had to save the sweaters and things for another day. I think we almost got delirious with heatstroke. Or was it the margaritas we pounded as we modeled? We had a really good time though- So glad to have my best friend back around again.



So look forward to the shop opening soon! I don't want to link to it until it's ready. But I will say that it is a lot of vintage items that we have been carrying around for years, plus a few newer items that we hope we don't get into too much trouble or offend anyone by throwing them in the mix.  Plus, we are going to be making some items and featuring some friend's hand crafted things as well. A little cooperative of sorts! So exciting.

Enjoy the sunshine, folks. She's here and smilin' at you!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. yay! An etsy by you two! I can't wait to see the pickins. Have fun at the Summer Solstice dealy, I've got music to practice for my show tomorrow night here or I would show up!

    LOVE to you lady, I miss ya.

    ADIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ade! I wish I could see you tonight. I miss our Schnell School summer nights! So much fun. I heard how amazing your home is once again, and hope and pray to be able to make it up there soon! Tara Pipes got a job at NC Winery, so we gotta go taste up there!Miss you much!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. you two are GORGE! i love the pure summer vibe of these pics. sorry again that i royally screwed up your attempt to get to bed early, i'll blame solstice long-night madness. poor eric though, ugh i feel so bad!!!

    ummmmm by the way i CANNOT wait to see your shop.

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore