June 22, 2011

in the summertime

It's going to be another hot one today, but at least we were able to beat the heat last night with a little picnic at Lotus Park with some good friends! Although this little guy Oliver stole the show (and my heart)! What a gorgeous Mama Becky too!




Lots of fellas were there, even some that I hadn't seen in a long time. They put together some teams and played a game of Ultimate Frisbee (I think that's what is called...it's like no-tackle football with a frisbee.)



But most of the night was spent sitting around on quilts, drinking cold beer and white wine in between dips in the river. 


Heather's husband Darin, their now roomate Jamie and Oliver's dad Jorden!


You might recognize these blogger gals, Heather and Chelsea !


And these two hunks, hot and sweaty from playing frisbee! Stan our old neighbor and long time friend, and my main squeeze Eric!

Lots of folks were going all the way into the river, despite how cold it was! I started out just wading around, but told Heather if she did it, I would too. Darin accompanied us to snap some photos of our attempted bravery, the last golden rays sparkling on the water. Heather is a brave soul-she pretty much dove right in while I literally got cold feet! I really didn't think I was going to jump in, but I finally just thought about how all I was whining about all day is wanting to go to the river- I might as well jump in it! So, I finally felt brave enough to dive in, only to rise to the surface and see my bikini top floating in front of me! 

The damn thing unbuckled twice on me in the past week just wearing it around the house! I even laughed about it with Eric that I "hope it doesn't do that at the river!" So of course, when I jumped in the river, the little plastic connector on the back just fell completely off, and is now lost at sea (er...river?) Heather had to tie my bikini back on me like that scene in Gone with the Wind! Thank goodness she was there to rescue me! Hopefully Darin didn't get any shots of that part...ha!



As you can see, I didn't exactly have a proper shirt to wear if the bikini top didn't work out...yikes! After the park, a lot of us went for a swim/hot tub dip at Joey and Emily's since they couldn't make it out to the park before sunset. I got to see their super sweet lovey kitty Woodrow. Oh, what a perfect end to a fun summer night!  I plan on going to bed early tonight, however. Every night this week we have something planned. I'm exhausted, and I'm only half way through!

Well, I really hope you guys are having a fun summer so far!



xoxo

2 comments:

  1. awe, that looks like so much fun! great choice on such a hot day :)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww i had so much fun that eve, and jumping from pool to hot tub at joey and em's later was extra icing on the cake! sorry again about the lateness but twas a memorable solstice. OLIVER KILLS ME!!! and it's true, becky is the most pretty and graceful mama ever.

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore