February 14, 2011

valentine's eve (through photos)

My niece came over the other day so my mom could pick my dad up from the hospital. 
(He is doing much better by the way. The difference in his operated knee vs. the other one is amazing! he gained an inch on that leg, and its so straight! He is recovering better than they expected as well!)

Anyway, to kind of entertain my niece and also prepare for the annual Valentines party at Zack and Rebecca's, we decided to bake some heart shaped cookies and decorate them! (I wish I would have grabbed the camera to take photos of the process and my sweet niece! I'll get better at remembering the camera someday...)




They ended up being pretty cute- but it took HOURS.  Eric also insisted on baking one elephant cookie.
(I couldn't resist getting the elephant cookie-cutter I found at hospice the other day.)

So, he baked and decorated one.
 It was really hard for anyone to eat it because it was so cute....but I think it did eventually happen!
We kind of celebrated most of V-Day last night, since we knew we were busy with school stuff Monday.
While I was at work, Eric cleaned the whole house and started dinner. 
I stopped on the way home to get him something he has been wanting since before Christmas:

 A schwanky new knife! Super sharp. (You never appreciate sharp kitchen utensils until you go without!)
Anyway, he is stoked on it. He tested it out on a bunch of stuff before he would let me take photos of it.
Afterward, we got to finish cooking dinner together as a little family. Even Jules hung out.

A moth had gotten inside when I came in from work. Jules was right on it!

Well, sorta. He mostly just meowed at it, and lost track of it easily.

But he is getting to be such a big handsome cat- and I kind of love that he is a dopey hunter.

The moth was able to escape Jules and land on this tapestry, making a beautiful live art piece that was almost mimicking Jules' poor hunting sense.


 After the silly cat antics were up, and the lasagna cooled, we ate our yummy dinner with our 1999 Boeger Walker Zinfandel and cuddled on the couch. I love when we are able to set aside nights to just ignore deadlines and phone calls and just hang out together and enjoy each others company. I love my dude.

Especially because he gave me hydrangeas this morning. He knows how to make this plant-obsessed girl happy!


Can't wait to catch a break from school and work so we can go on an adventure together soon! We had such a great time in Tulum last summer... We're hoping to go to Japan soon. Maybe for the cherry blossom festival next year?

Anywho, hope all you friends and lovers have had a wonderful time celebrating your loved ones, whether you like/ believe in Valentine's Day or not!

2 comments:

  1. We should plan a trip to Japan and just make it happen. There are so many wonderful things out there. You should learn the alphabet! がんばってよ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn you guys are CUUUTTTE. that meal rules. i love how precise and nice and pretty you two make things. you both have that lovely eye for design, no wonder you appreciate jules's incredible handsome looks!

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore