August 11, 2011

tan lines


caution- there are classy vintage nude photos below! might not be safe for work!

I got pretty sunburned a couple of weeks ago when we went for a hike at the "Enchanted Pools" above Wrights Lake. My legs have never tanned or burned in the past, so I just applied sunscreen to my face, back and arms (forgetting the chest though, of course). By the time we got home, it looked like someone had dunked me in boiling water. YIKES! It looked a lot worse than it felt, thank goodness. But now, I have some severe tan lines and peeling skin.  

But, as I was brushing my teeth in my underwear last night, looking into the mirror at the colors and curves of my body, I decided I kind of love tan lines. They are proof of your love of summer and all things outdoors. Seeing the bikini lines, striking white against the golden tones of your skin, and how silly it looks now that I can see that my cut-off shorts weren't cut equally (I have an inch lower tan line on my right leg)! I'm starting to think that tan lines are kind of sexy. It actually reminds me of the vintage Playboy collection we once had. Issues from the 60s and 70s,  before tanning booths and sunscreen were so evident as they are today. Ladies had the best tanlines! So cute.





I am not encouraging anyone to go without scunscreen by any means, and I won't make the same mistake when we go back up to camp on Sunday night either.  It just makes me appreciate my summer body- a little more fit, painted with golden memories of summer adventures.

I am definitely looking forward to my favorite season of Fall. I love the harvest season, the colors, the chill, the warm drinks, snuggly cats! My more pale, soft and curvaceous body will be back after consuming apple cider doughnuts from Rainbow Orchard every weekend....ugh! I could go on forever. Maybe I'll save it for another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore