June 29, 2011

who wears the pants?

Yesterday, I shipped our third etsy item that sold to Norway (woohoo!) and met Eric for lunch in the park. I should have really snapped a photo of him- he's so daper these days, working at the El Dorado Community Foundation! Sweet little slim fit shirts and charcoal slacks- so happy to sit next to him on a picnic bench, snacking away on our sandwiches. Unfortunately, this crazy dude around town that Eric went to school with was also at the park. I'm not talking like dude, you're hella crazy for your stunts frat bro! kind of crazy, Im talking like pull a knife on you for some change kind of crazy. I remember one time a couple of years ago, he was trying to start a fight with Eric because he didnt pick him up when he was hitch-hiking. Poor Eric! So we packed up our little lunch and said our goodbyes. So shitty that there are people that can just totally make you feel so unsafe in your own little town.  Where can we go that isn't so seedy on a lunch break? I feel like all the parks and the little creek across from cozmic are all....occupied.


Anyway, I went home and fell asleep at 5, waking up at 7 to the rainstorm and a horrible nauseating headache. I felt really strange- I almost cried I felt so unreal. Hard afternoon naps are not for me. Eric made delicious margherita pizza, and that seemed to pull me back around a little!

We watched the biopic Coco Avant Chanel, as we both have a huge crush on Audrey Tautou and realized that we really knew nothing about Coco Chanel. It was a lovely film- visually stunning and our girl did not disappoint. After doing some research after the film, apparently it left out the bits of her life where she was a nazi sympathizer?! It did give me such insight on Chanel's rise to the top of fashion in her time, and even still today. Check out some of her outfits in the movie:







So inspirational to see such a strong woman know what she wants out of life, and accomplish it. She came from nothing, and did a lot of exploring before she knew what she loved and what she wanted.  Although her love life kind of breaks my heart, she said in the film "a woman in love is a disaster."  It's so strange to see a woman be able to make such a huge ripple in the fashion industry of her time- she wore and made menswear inspired outfits while ladies were wearing corseted  gowns with trains and giant hats with hundreds of feathers. I feel like it is almost impossible now to shock the world with an outfit.  I guess we take it for granted that we can wear what we like these days- it took the movers and the shakers like Chanel for that to happen!
Anyway, if you want some one-line zingers, some lady-power with a lot of heartache and incredible fashion, check it out. At least get the soundtrack- there was even some violin at one part that Eric realized sounds just like a part of Riderless!




ps- Apparently Coco liked to smoke often! Ugh. Eric and I are on day three of no more smoking. Its tough when you are watching beautiful people smoking and sipping coffee in France...gotta prepare for the return of Mad Men. Oh, Lordy.

2 comments:

  1. you guys had my kind of day, minus the creeper and the hard nap. i have that feeling with naps sometimes too, so weird, plus the rain was making it otherworldly. what a nice night for a good movie though, all cozy, and some frenchie love at that! movies always make me wanna smoke! why does it have to look SO GOOD?! i definitely want to check this out. see you two soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to try your fabulous pizza one day! Ryan said it was very tasty ;)
    nikki

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore