June 11, 2011

goodbye girl

We have been in Houston for 5 days for a family reunion. My Mom came by everyday to feed the kitties and water the garden. We got home and found that Girl didn't greet us as she always did. I called my mom this morning as Girl still didn't show. She said the last time she saw her was Wednesday. I texted my landlord and she said the same- she saw her a few days ago. But it's just not like her to disappear for this long. Maybe I am overreacting, but I know in my soul she isn't coming back. She hardly ever left the porch, and her comfy little box we put out for her. She was a homebody little lady, and I miss her terribly already.





In other, lighter news, we happen to be picking up a kitten tomorrow [this was planned before our trip to Texas, and missing girl.] He is a little boy, black and med-long hair. I was really excited to meet him and bring him home, but now that girl is gone, I feel a little weird about it. The only other female energy around here has simply vanished. I guess I just need some time to process, and bond with the new little guy too.

I just ask that you say a little prayer for Girl, that she is safe and happy someplace in the universe. Shes a lovely little lady. Of course, I will eventually blog about my trip to Houston and the new little babe as soon as the time comes. Hope everything is well with y'all [ps-EVERYONE says ya'll in Houston. I almost even started to say it. Its like California and "you guys," only a lot cuter.]

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. i'm so sad for girl, it breaks my heart. i see that picture of her all sweet in her box and i get a tear in my eye. oh man, how i feel ya. isn't it the worst wrenching to lose a sweet soul you love. maybe, just maybe, she will be back. don't forget, abby once went away for like three months. that's when joey and matt started their band Missing Abby. and then she came back in the fall.

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore