February 10, 2011

TGIF (almost)

My Dad is doing ok. Last night, they had to put him on oxygen. The pain was real bad- he didnt get any relief or sleep. I dont think any of us rested well knowing he was in so much pain. Hes a pretty unwell individual over all. Hopefully new knees will give him a little more joy out of life [he always mentions wanting to be able to play basketball again. Hike down a hill again to fish in the good holes,etc].Poor pops. He might be able to come home tomorrow. My niece is going to come over and hang out while my mom tends to my dad. Im pretty stoked- shes an awesome and very crafty kid.

I had school all day, and so I'm exhausted. I am up late putting the finishing touches on my part of the newest group lab report. Its about the tonicity of cells. I love it. Everytime I'm about to give up on biology, it goes pulling me back in again. I didnt think I would care about osmosis and diffusion, but once I got a grasp on it and saw it applied...I dont know. I dont want to get too stoked because its a lot of work, and Im sure Ill be stressing, whinning and complaining again soon enough. I leave you now with one of the images I made tonight to refer to in my results section. Its the cells of Elodea in water and then in a salt water solution. The first one is a happy plant. The second one....not so much. Its one of the first things I made completely with photoshop! Good thing I date a cyborg. He helped me a lot.

5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of your Dad and you! I hope things get easier, we need to have a relaxing girls night when you get some room to breathe.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. that elodea is beautiful! you two are a clever team to create that image, wow. also...glad to hear your pops is doing better. i'll be sending him good basketball vibes.

    ReplyDelete

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore