January 28, 2011

knowledge is power

We woke up at 7:00 this morning to meet the insurance adjuster for our silly ol' house. Didn't go too well. Sounds like the landlords might not have coverage for the rental, and there is definitely mold growing and extensive water damage. Possibly need to demo our bedroom wall too. As of now, the plywood is back on the floor and we are tiptoeing (literally) around the subject.

During the adjuster's visit, and for the rest of the day until around 5, Eric and I went to our seperate corners and did homework. I did Pre-Calculus ALL DAY. And Im still not caught up. Haven't even thought about my poor online psychology class. Not good!

But the best part of the day, was when Eric came out of his office/our bedroom and asked if I wanted to go out to a movie or dinner tonight. We hardly ever go out by ourselves anymore-it was a pleasant surprise. He paid for the bill and drove and everything. So out of the blue! We got a lot of talking done. Got me pretty stoked about the (our) future.

Not much more my brain can take for the day, but I am experimenting with my 30 days of Photoshop I have on this computer. Some neat tutorials out there. I worked on a photo of a cat we have called "Mangy" since we moved here. He didnt have any hair on his tail at first...we thought he had mange, but it all back now? So weird. Sounds like our weirdo gun-totin' neighbors abandoned him, so we have been feeding him and giving him lots of love. If we ever see them, we are going to find out for sure if he can officially be our man cat- maybe he will get a real name then.

before
after

No comments:

Post a Comment

share a thought!

 
oh, tender! - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore